Four Seasons Therapy, LLC
Nurturing Natural Potential
All rights reserved.
Any comments regarding this site? Please e-mail
How can therapy help me?
A number of benefits are available from participating in psychotherapy. Therapists can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues and creative blocks. Many people also find that counselors can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life. Therapists can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
Is therapy right for me?
Seeking out therapy is an individual choice. There are many reasons why people come to therapy. Sometimes
it is to deal with long-standing psychological issues, or problems with anxiety or depression. Other times it is in response to unexpected
changes in one's life such as a divorce or work transition. Many seek the advice of counsel as they pursue their own personal exploration
and growth. Working with a therapist can help provide insight, support, and new strategies for all types of life challenges. Therapy
can help address many types of issues including depression, anxiety, conflict, grief, stress management, body-image issues, and general
life transitions. Therapy is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating
greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives.